maanantai 12. huhtikuuta 2010

First analysis

Yesterday I realized one problem in my game. I seem to have some weird habit to valuebet too thin and too much while not pot controlling enough. This is something I need to improve in. This will either increase the variance unneccessary and it will make my game more easily exploitable. If I suddenly stop barreling it will make it easy for my opponents to force me out of the pot since they know I usually dont have anything. So they can basically always bet out when I check (a bit of an exaggeration but you get my point). I used to think that pot controlling too much will make my game easier to read. Well, obviously if I pot control too much my range for multibarrels will be very polarized which makes it easier for my opponents to play against me. However I can easily start balancing my range if I think my opponents have picked up on this tendency. I can always change my range from polarized to balanced depending on dynamics and that way keep my opponents always guessing. It's not more complicated than that really! Now I just need to find out natural way to start using this strategy and plug that leak finally.

In 6max it seems to be especially important that my basic strategy is robust. Understanding fine dynamics is not as important as in heads up. When I'm multitabling its extremely difficult to understand all the fine dynamics of the game unlike in heads up where im only concentrating on one or two opponents at time. On 6max hand analysis im trying to get into basic strategy more, finding out unexploitable plays and ranges.

I will try to use a relatively unknown but cool program called StoxEV as much as possible to make my analysis as accurate as possible.

Hand no. 1:

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com



SB ($1120)

Hero (BB) ($1000)

UTG ($1015)

Button ($1337.75)



Preflop: Hero is BB with J, Q

2 folds, SB bets $25, Hero calls $20



Flop: ($60) 4, 9, 10 (2 players)

SB bets $45, Hero raises $140, SB raises $305, Hero calls $210



Turn: ($760) Q (2 players)

SB bets $740 (All-In), Hero calls $620 (All-In)



River: ($2000) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)



Total pot: $2000



Results:

SB had K, K (one pair, Kings).

Hero had J, Q (one pair, Queens).

Outcome: SB won $2118

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti